Baltimore Civil Litigation Attorneys Prepared to Take Cases to Court
Maryland Civil Litigation Firm Offers Quality Trial Representation
Civil litigation is used to solve legal disputes between two or more parties seeking monetary damages or equitable remedies. Civil litigation can involve a large number of legal issues, such as:
- Automobile, bicycle, motorcycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Collisions involving buses and commercial trucks
- Slip and fall incidents
- Injury due to dangerous and defective products
- Contested divorce issues
- EEOC claims
- Discrimination and harassment in the workplace
- Medical malpractice
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Contract disputes
- Business and corporate litigation
The experienced civil litigation attorneys at Collins Legal Group, LLC, have extensive experience in negotiating settlements for Maryland clients. However, if a fair and equitable settlement cannot be reached, we welcome the opportunity to present our clients’ cases in court.
Maryland Civil Litigation Process
Although every civil litigation matter is unique according to the circumstances and jurisdiction, Maryland’s process is relatively standard and includes a number of steps:
- A client consults with a civil litigation attorney, who will conduct an investigation to determine whether enough evidence exists to file a lawsuit.
- If the matter moves forward, the attorney will draft and file pleadings that will initiate the case in civil court. These pleadings commonly include a Summons and Complaint.
- The defendant will draft and file an Answer within the requisite time period.
- The discovery process begins, allowing both sides of the matter to exchange information concerning the dispute.
- In the pre-trial phase, civil litigation attorneys will argue their respective points prior to trial, and work to develop a trial strategy and prepare witnesses to testify.
- If the matter proceeds to trial, the parties present their cases in court and either a judge or a jury will decide the matter.
Collins Legal Group is not a settlement factory. We are a law firm that is extremely willing to push the envelope and go to trial whenever necessary. Our attorneys don’t back down, and instead take on our client’s fight as if it were our own.